Advisor Governance (Compliance)
Job no: 492310
Work type: full-time
$107,948 - $125,895 + superannuation (15.4%)
At the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA), we acknowledge the value diversity brings. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, people with a disability and people from other diverse backgrounds.
AMSA is Australia’s National agency responsible for coordinating maritime and aviation search and rescue. We regulate domestic commercial vessels, Australian and foreign shipping – from 12 metre prawn trawlers to 350 metre liquefied natural gas tankers, and everything commercial in between. We are also responsible for protecting Australia’s precious marine environments like the Great Barrier Reef, from the impacts of shipping.
Our stakeholders are just as diverse as our role but our mission connects them all and inspires our people to make a real difference every day – “Safe and clean seas, saving lives”. AMSA offers unique and challenging career opportunities, and we employ around 430 people across Australia. To learn more about our organisation please visit our website.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Advisor Governance (Compliance) supports the Senior Advisor Governance to provide subject matter expertise and advice to AMSA in relation to compliance frameworks, including fraud control, insurance and audits. Major areas of responsibility for this role are:
- Developing and maintaining a fit-for-purpose assurance framework;
- Leading and coordinating AMSA's Fraud Control and Public Interest Disclosure arrangements;
- Manage and coordinate AMSA's Insurance program; and
- Contribute to the preparation of key AMSA publications including the Corporate Plan and Annual Report.
This role is key in developing and maintaining AMSA’s compliance with legislative requirements, and developing a robust compliance culture.
ABOUT THE PERSON
The successful applicant will be someone who enjoys working as part of a high performing team and developing solutions to complex problems. They will be comfortable with working to deadlines and managing more than one task at a time. To be competitive for this role, you will need to have, and be able to demonstrate, the following:
- Understanding and practical experience in governance and assurance related systems
- Demonstrated experience and technical expertise in:
- Governance systems, including the application of legislative compliance requirements and development of internal policy, procedures and guidance
- Fraud Control and anti-corruption or other disclosure reporting framework
- Confidential reporting arrangements
- Risk management and insurance.
- Working knowledge of:
- the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013
- International and Australian Standards such as risk management, quality management systems, health and safety, auditing etc.
- Public interest disclosure arrangements
- High level written and verbal communication skills and representational experience
- Experience with the development of training and educational materials
- A tertiary qualification in relevant fields or equivalent vocational qualifications.
For a full list of prerequisites and required capabilities for this role, please refer to the position description.
Note: Information about our terms and conditions of employment are contained in the AMSA Enterprise Agreement 2016-2019.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications should be completed on our website via the Careers at AMSA page by 11:55pm (AEST) Monday 25 January 2021. As part of your application you will need to provide;
- your resume
- a one page pitch (maximum 800 words) outlining how your skills and experience meet the prerequisites and required capabilities of the role – please see link to the position description for full details
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Alison Monteleone on (02) 6279 5578.
If you are having difficulties or have questions about our online recruitment system, please contact Human Resources on (02) 6279 5520.
Under the AMSA Enterprise Agreement 2016-2019, an appointee’s commencement salary will normally be based on the minimum salary point for each classification level.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend